PioneerRx
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tag as favorite Move Topic Unlock Topic Lock Topic Delete Topic New Topic Post Reply
Willis High
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:30:16 PM(UTC) by Willis High
Anyone doing weekly cycle counts to verify inventory is correct? We use to but got away from it due to an increased number of customers on med sync. Since we print the labels the next day, etc seems like its alot of moving parts to count meds with lables in the print que etc.

curious if anyone had any suggestions
Stephen Kavadias
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 9:54:55 AM(UTC) by Stephen Kavadias
It would be nice if pioneer would include on the Item edit screen, in the inventory box, a section that would include quantities that are in the print que.
Christopher Goodwin
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 4:45:30 PM(UTC) by Christopher Goodwin
How do you do cycle counts in Pioneer? I haven't found a way to get a random cycle count other than just deciding, "I'm going to count shelf 37 today!"
Willis High
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:19:35 PM(UTC) by Willis High
before we had so many sync customers, we would simply assign each tech 1 small shelf a week to verify (around 10 or so drugs a week per tech) the next week we would simply move to the next shelves and work thru the pharmacy.

however now, it seems harder and harder to figure out. has the order been checked in yet? are there items in the print que? has all sync been counted, etc etc. not sure how to physically spot check counts each week with all the moving pars.

almost wonder if its simply better to just do a full blown inventory twice a year when we are closed and no longer try to verify counts each week?
Kezia Uhrich
#5 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 2:35:02 PM(UTC) by Kezia Uhrich
We split our inventory into 12 equal parts. Jan A&B Feb C&D... and we count controls every month. This usually gets done on the last friday of the month as the pharmacy is less busy on fridays for us. We try to empty our print que prior to doing the inventory.
David Koon
#6 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 4:08:57 PM(UTC) by David Koon
I think if you understand when the BOH is taken out of the system, your team should be able to account for minus BOHs in the queue.

If your my location setting is to remove inventory after Waiting for Printing, then your going to have to clear your queue before counting, or account for the queue when you count (which can be a few dozen to a few hundred depending on how crazy your queue is)

If your my location settting is to remove inventory after Waiting for Fill or Waiting for Check, then you only have to worry about the labels your fill techs are working on (which should be only a few patients at a time - just don't let your techs print more than one or two patients worth at a time).

-DK