PioneerRx
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tag as favorite Move Topic Unlock Topic Lock Topic Delete Topic New Topic Post Reply
Jennifer Keller
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:27:53 PM(UTC) by Jennifer Keller
This morning I was positively giddy over the new pre-check "on hold" scripts option. Currently, we require that a pharmacist check any prescription that is going to be placed "on hold" on a patient profile. We do this not because it is state law but rather because it just seems a good safety measure. What that means though is that our techs doing data entry are constantly adding notes to scripts indicating to the pharmacist handling pre-check that they are to be put "on hold" once checked. I can't imaging how many of those notes we miss allowing the scripts to get sent to insurance, rejected, then pulled out of the reject cue and put on the patient's profile "on hold".

Today's update seemed like it would save a ton of time and duplicated effort. There's a problem though. If a script has been placed "on hold" by us, and remember that means our PharmD has already checked it, it has to be checked by a pharmacist AGAIN if it is filled. Seriously?! So, our techs grab a script that is "on hold" and fill it. Because a pharmacist has already checked it, I allow them to open pre-check and push it through typically. Now, they cannot do that. So, how is this new option saving any time at all? Instead of checking it once, I have to check it twice? I think someone missed the boat on this one. If a pharmacist has already checked it once and put it "on hold", the order should bypass pre-check when being filled OR the tech should be allowed to push it through.

Maybe I'm missing something. Seems like an extraordinary waste of time and resources.
David Koon
#2 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 4:23:06 PM(UTC) by David Koon
Thanks for your post Jenn. If you don't mind, I like to piggyback off your question. I actually saw this update, and was hoping to utilize it because our techs currently put RXs on hold without RPh verification.

To use this Pre-Check On Hold Rxs, I'm assuming you have "Use Pre-Check Station before fill" option.

So you actually have someone data entrying, someone prechecking, and then someone filling every prescription?

Or is there a way to only have pre-check functional for ONLY on hold prescriptions?
John Peterson
#3 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 10:56:39 AM(UTC) by John Peterson
I would also like to know if we can use the On Hold pre-check function without using the precheck workflow option. We are a small pharmacy and don't need all the various ques.