PioneerRx
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tag as favorite Move Topic Unlock Topic Lock Topic Delete Topic New Topic Post Reply
Dan Kang
#1 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:47:38 AM(UTC) by Dan Kang
Hello, we have set up our ordering through Pioneer and so far it is working great.

The only issue I have is that Pioneer will not order the Brand name if it is the cheaper option.

Apparently the way the inventory is set up, Brand name drugs are not seen as an equivalent item to the generics even if they have the same GCN code when it comes to balance on hand or selecting which drug to replenish stock.

This is important to us since we are a 340B Pharmacy and often times the name brand drug is cheaper than the generic.

So for example, if we have name brand Lipitor 10mg with a BOH of 100 and atorvastatin 10mg with a BOH of 100, Pioneer does not say there is an equivalent on hand of 200. The brand and generic each get treated like it was a different drug and you wouldn't know which drug was cheaper unless you manually check with your wholesaler.

I think there might be a workaround using a third party service like SureCost but I wanted to see if anyone here has this issue and a solution.

Thanks!